Future Blog & YouTube Plans

by - 12:00 PM



Major life events tend to have an impact on people, I am no exception to this. By now hopefully you have seen my previous posts updating you all on where I've been/what's been going. I tell you I've moved out on my own and then nothing for 6 months. I feel like a bit of a failure to fully honest but I'm picking myself back up and trying to start over. I've changed a lot of things in my life and hopefully I'll be able to be the blogger I've always wanted to be.

When it comes to sharing blog posts or uploading a new YouTube video I'm pretty terrible. I always make plans on when to post but then something happens and I miss a day and then slowly stop altogether. That's why I'm just starting with my blog. It's so much easier to type up a blog post periodically or take pictures of my makeup as I'm doing it rather than to film it and talk through it all. In a blog post I don't have to worry about time restraints and can be as detailed as I want. Whereas in a video, most people only watch shorter videos so you can't be as detailed. I like to be detailed in the things I do so right now blogging just seems like the better option for me.

No, I'm not quitting YouTube. It may seem like I already have but it's something I'm working on. I just want to focus on one thing at a time. I'm thinking of going away from makeup videos and doing more chatting videos, like 'story time' ones. I feel like my new series would be a great type of video to make. I can talk about it some and then make a more detailed blog post to go with it. I'll hopefully still do beauty videos but I just haven't been as passionate about makeup as I was before. Don't get me wrong, I still love makeup but I've realized there are things I care about more.

What I'm going to try to do my best is post on my blog Monday, Wednesday, and Friday every week. Some weeks I may just post one or two times, other weeks maybe not at all, but I'm going to try and at least post once a week. I really want to build a community and create a loving environment for people to come to. Negativity will not be tolerated, good vibes only.

As for YouTube videos, I have no idea. I don't really know what I want to do or when so I'm just letting life work things out for me. Maybe I'll just stop posting and only do blog posts, maybe I'll post all the time some day. I've lost my love and passion for YouTube and I'm trying to get it back but I need to spend some more time away and focus on myself. By no means am I saying I won't be posting periodically, just that I have now schedule in mind(yet).

Hopefully you can be understanding and still support me through all of this. I'm just trying to be true to myself and happy. It's gonna take time and lots of effort, but I'll get there.


xoxo,
Jenn

You May Also Like

0 comments