Beauty School Drop Out?

by - 12:00 PM


January 11, 2016 I started cosmetology school and March 4th 2016 was my last day. I am a beauty school drop out and proud. That sounds weird, doesn't it? She dropped out of school and is proud? Well yeah, I am. When I started school, it wasn't really up to me. My family kept telling me I should do it and that even if I didn't end up liking it that much, it would at least be something to fall back on. Which is true however it's not what I want to do, at least not right now. I was top of my class, my teacher was so shocked when she found out I was looking into dropping. I was passing all my tests and even helping my classmates study since I understood things so quickly and easily (no I'm not bragging, just being honest). My heart just wasn't in it and I was starting to get migraines again from being around the chemicals and loud hair dyers all the time. It just needed time to think things over.

July and August 2016 I decided to to start looking into new schools. Eventually I found I school I thought I liked so I moved to the city where it is, an hour and a half away from my family, but also because someone I like lived here. I think I chose that school just so I could be closer to him... not just because it's an amazing school. I'm not too proud of that but I can't change things now. I intended on eventually enrolling and in September I enrolled in the class that started in November. That didn't happen.

Let's go back a bit. In August I started working at Carter's but had to quit in November since I was offered a management position at Justice. I really loved Carter's and miss all of the amazing people there. Then I decided to just take a break from school, again, and really think things over before I jumped back into it all. I loving doing hair and makeup on myself, family, and friends, but do I really want to do it all day everyday?? Not so much... I have so many other interests and I want to see what I'll be best at. I actually just accepted a full time position as a Sterile Processing Tech at a local hospital so I'm very excited. Working in retail was fun but Justice... let's just say it was my own personal hell. I'll be making an in depth post all about my experience there soon.

So basically, yeah, I'm a beauty school drop out and proud. I'm starting my new job April 3, 2017 and couldn't be happier. I won't have to deal with other people's drama/bull shit and can just do a job and be happy. If you want to know more about Sterile Processing let me know and I'll make a post and then update you as I learn more and grow. Words of wisdom: Don't do or accept anything to make others happy, do whatever makes your heart happy.

If you have any questions or want to know more, let me know and I'll get back to you asap. I might even do a "story time" on my YouTube channel so that I can go into even more detail.


xoxo,
Jenn

You May Also Like

0 comments