Au Pairing | Traveling Abroad

by - 9:50 PM



As I said in a couple post previous, I talked about studying abroad and trying to figure out what I want to do with my life. I've still been researching universities but I've also recently looked into au pairing for a few months or even a year. Like I said before I've always wanted to travel and see the world. What better way to do it than move and work there?! I would get to see more of the world but would also have a job so I could stay financially secure. For those of you who don't know what an au pair is, it's basically just a fancy name for a live in nanny but they are from a different country. Or as wikipedia states "An au pair (plural: au pairs) is a domestic assistant from a foreign country working for, and living as part of, a host family. Typically, au pairs take on a share of the family's responsibility for childcare as well as some housework, and receive a monetary allowance for personal use." Basically it's kinda perfect for me. I love kids and I want to see the world and by living with a host family I wouldn't have to worry about finding a place to stay or a job since you get payed. There are a few different programs I've been looking into that help place au pairs with a host family but I'll have a fully detailed post/review up once I learn more and hear back from some of the places. A lot of research should be done. I found one that I thought was PERFECT but then I found a long article about a lot of customers and employees saying they over charge you and/or the small print contradicts what the employees say ie 'You're guaranteed a job and place to stay' but when they got there they didn't have a job or place to stay. One group went half way around the world to find that the volunteer program they signed up for hadn't existed for over a year! BUT with all big companies dealing with hundreds of thousands of people a few mess ups is just going to happen. However, flat out lying or leading people on with false hope isn't something that should happen. I don't care how much money you want to make. Preying on the innocence of naive youth is just being a sh*t person/company. While this all seems so great and perfect, there's still downfalls to everything in life. Like getting homesick, or just regular sick, injuries, holidays away from family, missed birthdays, culture shock, the list goes on and on. It's up to me in the end to decide if the good outweighs the bad. I probably won't be able to afford it in the end so this is all just my wishful thinking. But that's life, you have to play the hand you're dealt. However staying positive about things can only help. If you can dream it, you can do it.


xoxo,
Wren


Photo:  https://em.wattpad.com/3226e1378344c185472bfd808bf7977f71d6bcc6/687474703a2f2f6d7273676165756c2e636f6d2f77702d636f6e74656e742f75706c6f6164732f4769726c2d4c6f6f6b696e672d4f75742d6f662d57696e646f772e6a7067

You May Also Like

0 comments